Longtime Eastern Little League participants and proud sponsors!
We are excited to announce that our player and coach registration for the 2021 Little League season is NOW OPEN!
You must create or log in with an existing Sports Engine account prior to registering. Please click the link (red banner) below for player and coach registration.
- We offer a scholarship program for families who are not able to afford full registration fees. Please see the link (red banner) below to our scholarship request form.
- We also offer a sibling discount and early bird discount, see registration page for more details.
- We are including a Duluth Little League face mask or neck gaiter for each player and coach this season. This option is on the player information page.
- Your Duluth Little League board continues to follow and stay up to date on local, state, CDC, and broader guidelines in regards to youth sports participation during the COVID19 pandemic. If our season is affected in any way due to the pandemic, we pledge to be transparent in our communication, give families options for participation, and offer a 100% refund of registration fees.
-2021 Duluth Little League registration costs are listed below. We are proud to announce we are not raising registration fees this season.
T-Ball (ages 4-6) $100
Instructional (ages 6-9) $150
Minors (ages 8-10) $225
** Baseball age 8 can sign up for minors if they have played 2 years of baseball excluding t-ball**
Majors (ages 11-12) $225
** 10 year olds can try out for majors and will be rostered depending on skill level, team makeup, and league needs. If not rostered on a majors team, they will be rostered on a minors team**
Duluth Little League
20% OFF SHOP EVENT
3/12/2021 - 3/15/2021
Duluth Store Location
From 3/12/2021 - 3/15/2021, DICK’S Sporting Goods is offering Duluth Little League a 20% off discount throughout the store. So, grab the things you’ll need for the season and all the other gear you’ve been wanting too! Be sure to use the coupon linked below, as this is specific to our organization.
The coupon is valid in-store on the dates above and should be shown at the register during checkout.
-Players should have their temperature taken before coming to practice. If temperature 100.4 or greater should not attend and should notify coach/league. Players should also not attend if you are experiencing any symptoms - fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion, loss of taste, loss of smell, diarrhea. Please also stay home if you have recently (within 14 days) been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is being tested and awaiting results. Players should also wash hands prior to attending practice.
-Maintain 6ft social distance at all times. Wear a cloth face mask when around others and not possible to social distance
-Remind players about frequent hand washing and not touching faces.
-One parent is allowed to drop off/meet before/after practice and must social distance from coaches / other parents, etc. Parents can remain in or next to vehicle in parking lot for duration of practice if they wish to stay.
-Players should have their temperature taken at home before coming to practice. If temperature 100.4 or greater should not attend and should notify coach/league. Coaches and players should also not attend if you are experiencing any symptoms - fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion, loss of taste, loss of smell, diarrhea. Please also stay home if you have recently (within 14 days) been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is being tested and awaiting results.
- Players should wash hands or use hand sanitizer at home prior to coming to practice. We are providing hand sanitizer at the fields thanks to a generous donation from Vikre distillery but players should also bring their own hand sanitizer if possible.
-Maintain 6ft social distance at all times
-No players / equipment allowed in dugouts. No food or sunflower seeds allowed. Players should bring a labeled water bottle from home.
-We are asking players to bring any equipment they have from home only to limit time needed to sanitize shared equipment. Please bring glove, helmet, bat or 2 batting gloves if you have them, then bats can be shared.
-Porta potties have been delivered to fields. 1 in, 1 out. Maintain 6 ft distance while waiting.
-Cover cough & sneeze in elbow.
-No handshakes, high 5’s, fist bumps, etc
-Coaches and players should take their temperature at home before coming to practice. If temperature 100.4 or greater should not attend and should notify coach/league. Coaches and players should also not attend if you are experiencing any symptoms - fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion, loss of taste, loss of smell, diarrhea. Please also stay home if you have recently (within 14 days) been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is being tested and awaiting results. We do have contactless forehead thermometers at each field if players haven’t had their temp taken.
- Coaches and players should wash hands or use hand sanitizer at home prior to coming to practice. We are providing hand sanitizer at the fields thanks to a generous donation from Vikre distillery as well as for coaches in the team bag.
- Start practice with reminders about social distancing and related safety rules.
- Maintain 6ft social distance at all times and wear a face mask (we will provide these in the bag just in case) when around others and not possible to social distance.
- No players / equipment allowed in dugouts. We will have the dugouts blocked off and parents will get this message as well.
- No handshakes, high 5’s, fist bumps, etc
- No food allowed or sold at fields. No sunflower seeds. Players (and coaches if they wish) should bring a labeled water bottle from home as water is shut off at fields.
- Porta potties have been delivered to the fields - 1 in, 1 out. Maintain 6 ft distance while waiting.
- One parent is allowed to drop off/meet before/after practice and must social distance from coaches / other parents, etc. Parents can remain in or next to vehicle in parking lot for duration of practice if they wish to stay. This may be tougher with some of the younger and first year players, we trust parents will be responsible in following guidelines while monitoring their children.
- Keep log of attendance in case contact tracing, etc is required - in folder in team bag and will be prefilled with practice dates and team rosters.
- Any shared equipment must be wiped down in between uses. We do have some equipment that can be loaned out to an individual for the 6 weeks. Please check the shed at the respective fields. There will be masking tape and a sharpie marker in the bag for this purpose. Players and parents will be asked to bring all available equipment from home to limit sharing.
Players will be rostered in pods of 8-10 players and 1-3 coaches. We will keep players and coaches consistent throughout the program to minimize exposure and limit risk.
Cost / fees:
We would like to thank each and every family who chose to donate their original 2020 season registration fees! We appreciate it very much and the board thanks you for your generosity. No further fees are requested.
If able, we are asking families to consider an optional registration fee of $60-$100 (depending on what they are able to pay). However, we will not turn away any player who is unable to pay.
Payments can be made by CHECK ONLY and sent to:
Duluth Little League
c/o Jason McCaffrey
325 S. Lake Ave. Suite 706
Duluth, MN 55802
Safety precautions: please know we have been following local, state, and CDC guidelines since the very beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit the link below for Little League's best practices guidelines:
There is no place for Racism and Hate in Little League.
Please visit the link below for a message from Little League International and a list of excellent resources.
Please visit all our fantastic sponsors & links to their websites at the bottom of this home page!
2018 was the start of new Little League bat rules. If you are looking to purchase a new bat for your player, see the detailed information linked below from USA Baseball and Little League. These bats should now be available for purchase at sporting goods stores. Some bats will be furnished for teams by Eastern, so purchasing your player's own bat won't be required.
USA baseball bat rule frequently asked questions
Little League bat information
Our players come from a variety of schools in the city including: Homecroft Elementary, Congdon Park, Montessori School of Duluth, Homecroft, Marshall, North Star Academy, Lowell, Ordean East Middle School, and Many Rivers Montessori
Duluth Little League has a number of successful divisions that will teach baseball skills in a fun and safe environment. Our league includes the following age ranges which are all co-ed: Majors (11-12), Minors (8-11), Instructional (6-8), T-Ball (4-6). To find out which division is best for your child, please review our division descriptions.
Parental involvement is key to the success of our league and if you're willing to give of your time we will find a place for you to serve. Please check the various menus at the top for additional information as we begin to work towards a successful 2020 season!
These fine organizations make what we do possible. Please show your support to these amazing sponsors and thank them for their commitment to our organization. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here to learn more about our sponsorship opportunities
Bulldog Pizza & Grill has been a long-time sponsor as well as host to our board meetings.
Chilly Billy's has been a long standing sponsor of Eastern Little League and a favorite place for the players and families.
Play It Again Sports- is a proud sponsor and equipment provider for Eastern Little League and its players.
Denny's has been a long tenured and valued partner to Duluth Eastern Little League.
The owners of this Neopolitan Style Pizzeria are proud to be a sponsor of Duluth Eastern Little League! Along with their support ~They currently have active players & have been past participants in our baseball program.
AUTOCARE Collision Center is a participant and proud sponsor of Eastern Little League!
Dick's has been a wonderful supporter and sponsor! Shop online or visit their Miller Hill Mall location!
Please welcome Duluth Lawn Care as a new sponsor of Duluth Little League! Thank you for your commitment to our players!
Please visit Duluth Moms Blog for all kinds of great info and expert guides to the area! Thanks for stepping up to the plate as a new sponsor of Duluth Little League!
Meyer Borgman Johnson Structural Design & Engineering has been a long-time sponsor for Eastern Little League.
A proud sponsor and a favorite of Eastern Little League players & their families.
We are excited to have Food Dudes Delivery join us a sponsor for the 2019 Little League baseball season!
We are excited to welcome Twin Ports Dermatology as a sponsors and participants in Eastern Little League!
The City of Duluth is a proud and long-time partner with Duluth Eastern Little League!
This locally owned business is a long time Duluth Eastern Little League supporter who is committed to keeping lawns green in the Twin Ports and surrounding area.
Remax Focus & the Kalligher family proudly partner with Eastern Little League as participants and sponsors!